October 28, 2021
It is natural for your smile to begin to show its years over time, but this isn’t something that you need to embrace quite yet. With modern dental technology, there are all sorts of ways that you can expand the youth of your smile and keep it looking as healthy as possible. Continue reading to learn about some of the aesthetic and oral health issues that can occur thanks to aging as well as how cosmetic dentistry can help.
What Dental Problems Can Happen as the Years Go By?
As you get older, you are more likely to encounter oral health issues. Here are just a few of them:
- Crooked teeth: Your teeth can shift, especially if you have suffered from gum recession or other oral health issues.
- Discoloration: The enamel wears away over time. This will reveal more of the yellow dentin beneath.
- Fragile teeth: Teeth become more brittle as they get older, so you will be more likely to end up with chips and cracks.
- Staining: When you consume lots of pigmented beverages, like coffee and red wine, your teeth will begin to show it. Using tobacco products can also cause yellowing.
- Worn teeth: Eating several time a day for many years will eventually wear down the enamel of your teeth.
How Does Cosmetic Dentistry Help?
The good news is that your smile doesn’t need to show its age yet. Here are some of the cosmetic options that can help you achieve a more youthful smile:
- Dental veneers: These thin shells of porcelain are placed on the front surface of the teeth to cover cosmetic imperfections. This includes anything from discoloration to small gaps. If you are looking for a smile makeover, this could be the solution!
- Cosmetic bonding: If you have minor imperfections in your smile, like small chips, gaps, or stains, these can often easily be repaired with dental bonding. In most cases, it can be completed in a single appointment and is very affordable.
- Invisalign: This treatment uses a series of clear aligners to slowly shift your teeth into their rightful locations. The best part is that they are practically invisible! No one will even be able to tell that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Teeth whitening: By opting for professional in-office or at-home teeth whitening, you can achieve a smile that is up to 8 shades whiter!
When it comes to the appearance of your smile, your age shouldn’t be holding you back. By working with your cosmetic dentist in Freedom, you can work towards pearly whites that you are confident showing off!
About the Practice
At Dental Expressions, you have two experienced dentists providing professional, personalized dental care in Freedom, WI. Both Dr. Robert Heil and Dr. Heather Heil earned their dental degrees from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry in Minneapolis and have been practicing for over twenty years. To learn more about your cosmetic options or to schedule a consultation, visit their website or call (920) 788-6280.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.